Avis sur Capture Color Man Lite

D. - 7 mai 2014 à 03:24
 Samuel - 17 juil. 2014 à 04:52
Cette discussion concerne un article du site. Pour la consulter dans son contexte d'origine, cliquez sur le lien ci-dessous.

https://www.commentcamarche.net/download/telecharger-34099692-capture-color-man-lite

I use JPicker and CCMan Lite. CCMan Lite for using Gimp Palettes, JPicker because I have it before years.

The persons that saying CCMan has exactly the same interface than JCP are wrong because there are big differences and enter into a discussion of trolls. There are similarities but it's normal because these softwares are made for color capture.

Personally it does not bother me since I use both, I do not need to relearn the manual. I'll change for Capture Color Man because the interface takes 30 % less space than JCP on the computer screen.
I use JPicker and CCMan Lite. CCMan Lite for using Gimp Palettes, JPicker because I have it before years.

The interface is not similar, there are differences. The persons that saying it's totally similar are wrong and enter into a discussion of trolls.

There are similarities, but it's normal because these softwares are made for color capture.
Personally it does not bother me since I use both, I do not need to relearn the manual.

For me, CCMan Lite complements the things that JCP did not have.
Color Capture Man is a shameless plagiarism of Just Color Picker's interface! The creators of Color Capture Man probably thought that adding a couple more formats can justify a theft. Well, I tested CCM's CMYK format. They just used a simple formula for the conversion and, therefore, it produces incorrect values.

I have been using JCP for years, and I actually emailed its author some time ago asking if they can add CMYK to JCP, and they replied that they haven't found a perfect formula for the precise conversion and therefore can't add it yet. That's what I call honesty and paramount quality!

Anyway, when I saw CCM, at first I thought that it is JCP with a new name and finally with CMYK. What a disappointment it was to discover that it is just a stolen JCP interface, and the CMYK doesn't work properly anyway.
SimonNeumann
10 mai 2014 à 13:44
I confirm that CCM Lite have LAB & CMYK and JCP did not.
I noticed that CCM can open The GIMP color palettes.
JCP doesn't have these feature and I work with color palettes.
With JCP, I can't convert LAB and CMYK.
With Capture Color Man, I can.
This is not a copy because there are others formats than JCP.
This is just a bad copy of Just Color Picker. JCP has been around for ages and perfected its interface through years of evolution and experience. Now comes this Capture Color Man and rips someone else's achievements. I'll stick to Just Color Picker.